[toc]Paddy Power are a bookmaker that polarises opinion somewhat, many people absolutely love their offbeat, quirky and sometimes bordering tasteless humour, whereas
The site is known as the “home of the money back special” due to the number of offers where punters can earn their money back as a free bet should their initial bet not quite pan out as planned. The sheer volume of these bets available makes it one of the most popular promotions on the site and there is one particular bet which is available throughout the season that is of particular interest to football fans in particular.
That is Paddy Power’s Acca Insurance offer and as the name suggest, this offer is available for punters who make football accumulator bets with the company.
Before we look into this offer in a bit more detail, remember you can join the site today by reading more about its generous new player bonus. Click on the following link about Paddy Power’s new player offer to read how you can get £30 worth of bets, simply by making a £10 bet when you join.
Once you have signed up, you are now ready to place your first football accumulator with a little added insurance for your bet. Let’s learn precisely how.
What are the key terms of the promotion?
To qualify for this offer there are some guidelines that you need to follow with your selections in order for your bet to be accepted by the company as being suitable for this offer. There are not too many provisos about your bet but in order to qualify it must:
- Be a bet of at least £20 or more on the Win/Draw/Win market
- Be placed online (not in a shop)
- Selections must be from the UK or top European Leagues and cup competitions
- Selections must be of odds no shorter than 1/5.
- Minimum of five selections to be included for the offer
Provided that your bet meets these five criteria, then your bet will be accepted for the offer. You receive the free bet if one leg of your accumulator bet lets you down. If you trigger the offer and receive a free bet from Paddy Power it will be refunded by the following day and you will have seven days within which to use your free bet.
The maximum refund you can receive from this offer is £50 for all bets of £50 or more. If you bet more than £50, then the maximum refund you will receive from this offer is £50.
What competitions are included in the offer?
The full list of competitions that you can bet on for this offer with Paddy Power is outlined below:
- English Premier League
- English Championship, League One and League 2
- The FA Cup
- Capital One Cup
- Johnstone’s Paint Trophy
- La Liga (Spain)
- Bundesliga (Germany)
- Serie A (Italy)
- Ligue 1 (France)
- Scottish Premiership
- Scottish Champonship, League One and League Two
- Scottish Cup
- Scottish League Cup
- European Championship Qualifiers
- World Cup Qualifiers
- Senior International Friendlies
- Champions League
- Europa League
When is this offer available?
The Paddy Power Acca Insurance offer is available throughout the football season in Europe, which generally runs from August through until May the following year. The promotion covers all the top European league competitions.
Paddy Power may elect to run this promotion, or a similar promotion, for other tournaments taking place during the summer, such as the World Cup or European Championship football tournaments, but that is entirely at their discretion.
Generally speaking, the offer is available from early August until the end of May each year.
How can I make the most of this offer?
The Paddy Power Acca Insurance offer is only available on the first bet you place that qualifies for the offer in any given day, so if you place multiple accumulator bets in
a weekend, then you would need to ensure your first one with Paddy Power is the one you want covered by the offer.
In terms of selecting teams, and assuming you pick from the right Win/Draw/Win market and pick a minimum of five selections, none with no shorter price than 1/5, then there are a couple of other hints I can give you to add value to your bet.
- Research – How do you pick your selections for your acca bet? If you simply look at the odds and pick a team based on hunch and odds alone, then you are not at an advantage. A little research into your teams form, performance, fitness levels of players, any injuries or suspensions etc, can be hugely beneficial in helping you gauge their chances. Don’t simply go by the odds of a selection, spend a little time perusing the news and you’ll find you pick more correct selections over a short space of time.
- Look for value – Quite often home teams are not great value as statistics show home teams win more often. However, sometimes you’ll find home teams are backed too strongly and that the away option, or a draw option offers a realistic prospect of being the right result, plus great value. Land a few 31/10 or 5/2 shots in your accumulator and you can really ramp up your winnings quickly.
- Watch the odds – Remember, the minimum odds for any selection in an accumulator to qualify for the offer is 1/5. While most matches will see teams with prices well in excess of this, in some games involving very strong teams, prices can be shorter. Be careful not to add these teams to an bet slip as if the odds are shorter than this, your accumulator bet won’t qualify.
- Bet regularly – The more you place accumulator bets and the more research you will do, the better you will get at picking the good value bets and staying away from the short priced chancier options. Experience is key here and the more you bet the better you will get.
- Don’t add too many selections – The more selections you add, the more you could win, but remember too that the more selections can go wrong. Paddy Power only pays out on this offer if one selection lets you down. So keep your selections to around five or six, rather than seven, eight or more as it gets progressively harder to win a bet, or realise the offer, if you add more selections.
The Paddy Power Acca Insurance offer will be available once again for the 2016-2017 football season from August. Check back to the site then for all the latest information and any changes or updates to the promotion.