Bet £5, Get £20 in Free Bets
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 4 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. Please gamble responsibly. BeGambleAware GAMSTOP
Ladbrokes is one of the most famous and venerable names in the UK betting industry, with a history of providing betting to the Great British public originally through their betting shops, but now also online, over many, many years. Ladbrokes have spent a lot of money developing both their betting site and their mobile software and as such, they have one of the best websites and mobile apps available in the UK today.
New customers that are signing up to Ladbrokes for the first time can receive a great value new player offer. Simply sign up to Ladbrokes and make a deposit and then place your first bet. Enter the code F50 when placing your bet and Ladbrokes will match your first bet as a free bet to the same value (up to a maximum of £50). The minimum odds for the qualifying bet is 1/2.
Click on the button below and you can sign up right now with Ladbrokes.
Ladbrokes – three best things
1. Biggest Name in UK Betting Industry – Ladbrokes are one of the biggest and most respected names in the UK betting industry and they are also one of the wealthiest. This means that they have build their reputation over years of high quality service, both online and offline with their customers.
2. High Quality and Numerous Promotions – Ladbrokes don’t tend to offer too many longer term offers but they do make up for that by offering a huge number of shorter term promotions. A lot of thee promotions are event-specific but do offer excellent value to customers. Such as their Money Back offer on any match involving England, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland at Euro 2016.
3. High Quality Live Streaming Service – As well as offering an exceptionally good service for mobile customers, especially with their In Play betting options, Ladbrokes also offers a range of live streaming services which are easy to use. Clicking on the “Video” option in the In Play and Streaming section brings up a list of events which you can currently view if you are a Ladbrokes customer.
Ladbrokes – three worst things
1. Odds Value – Unfortunately, when it comes to odds, Ladbrokes don’t tend to score too highly when compared to other UK betting sites. Occasionally they’ll offer the best odds on a specific market, but more often than not you’ll find that Ladbrokes odds tend to come in around the middle of the pack or even towards the bottom end. However that is often mitigated somewhat by the numerous promotions run on the site.
2. Site Design – Although the Ladbrokes site is easy to use, it is fair to say that it is a very basic looking site and they don’t use many graphics or animations to liven the pages up. On the one hand, this can be useful, especially online where you get to see more of the actual betting markets on the page, but on the other it is somewhat dull and unappealing to look at compared to other sites.
3. Lack of Longer Term promotions – Although Ladbrokes do offer some longer term deals for customers, especially for horse racing, they generally tend to offer short term promotions based on specific sporting events. Therefore, you do have to check back onto the site regularly if you want to catch the best bonuses and you are always at the whim of the promotions manager as to what offer is available.
What fixtures are available?
Having been established as a bookmaker for many years, Ladbrokes as you would expect, offer an extensive range of betting opportunities across a wide range of sports, although the company name will always be synonymous in the UK with one type of sports betting in particular; horse racing.
That is because Ladbrokes earned their reputation initially as being one of the foremost horse racing bookmakers in the UK, over time they diversified of course, but the company is still one of the foremost names in the horseracing betting industry and as you would expect, the company offers and extensive choice of horseracing betting opportunities.
In addition to betting on all the different race meetings across the UK and Ireland throughout the season, in both flat and national hunt racing, the site also offers a betting on races from other parts of the world including France, South Africa, Germany and the United States. The number of bets you can make on horseracing is excellent although the widest choice of bets do tend to be available only for the top races in the UK and Ireland, such as The Derby, the Grand National and similar.
Alongside horseracing, the other sport that dominates Ladbrokes in the UK on both desktop and mobile is football. The site offers an extensive range of promotional items for football throughout the season (and during the summer in big international tournaments) and there is an extensive range of soccer betting available taking in a wide range of professional and semi-professional leagues from around the world.
In conjunction with these two major sports for Ladbrokes, other sports that the site tends to focus on tends to be the more “British” sports, by that we mean the likes of Cricket (especially when there is an England Test Series in progress), Golf, Tennis and Rugby Union.
Alongside these sports and a wide range of other sports from around the globe, Ladbrokes also offers a number of other bets on a number of different non-sports betting markets.
One of the more unusual of these is Poker, with the site offering to take bets on which player will win events such as the 2016 World Series of Poker Main Event. You can bet on a range of items here including who will win the event, which hand will win the event and many more.
Another unusual non-sporting event you can bet on at Ladbrokes is Chess and you can also bet on a wide range of Political themed bets and these bets are organised into geographic locations, so you can bet on British, Scottish, American, Russian and Irish politics to name but a few. The bets also range from betting on major events, like General Elections or Referendum’s down to who will be the next leader of the major political parties or the results of by-elections.
Another non-sporting betting market in the traditional sense is esports betting. Ladbrokes have moved into this arena relatively tentatively over the past 12 months or so, but there is real evidence that betting on esports is gaining in momentum and popularity on the site and as such, the number of betting markets available on the site is increasing.
Lastly, there is also a section for betting on TV and Specials, with TV betting being self-explanatory betting and Specials betting being any other form of bet that Ladbrokes will take bets on, but which doesn’t fit easily into any of the other categories on the site.
Ongoing Ladbrokes promotions
When it comes to promotional items Ladbrokes in general offer a mix of short-term and long-term offers, although the best of the offers do tend to be those on offer for a shorter period of time, such as those on offer for Euro 2016 for example, or on a particular horse racing meeting (such as Royal Ascot or the Grand National meeting at Aintree).
You can see a full list of all the available promotions at Ladbrokes by clicking on the Promotions tab which is located at the top of the page after all the main sports betting markets listed at the top of the page.
Outlined below are just a few of the longer term offers you can find available at Ladbrokes over the course of the sporting year.
Daily Price Boosts – Each day Ladbrokes will scan through the number of bets available on their choice of sporting events and offer punters enhanced odds on certain selections. Usually when Ladbrokes do this, they tend to offer at least equal to the best price available in the UK betting industry so this is an offer worth looking out for. Daily Price Boosts are selected from a wide range of sports and change each day. Greyhound and Horse Racing Best Odds Guaranteed – Place a bet on any UK or Irish greyhound or horse race and regardless of what price you take, including early prices, board prices, singles and multiples, if the starting price is greater, Ladbrokes will pay the customer out at the higher price.Horse Racing Best Odds Guaranteed Plus – With this offer, place a Win or Each Way single bet (including early prices or board prices) and if the Starting Price is greater, then Ladbrokes will not just pay you out at the higher price, but will boost the price further giving you a greater return.£2 Free Bet – Wager £10 or more on Ladbrokes Slots or Games and earn a £2 free bet. Click the Claim button at Ladbrokes Games Promotion page to claim this offer.
Ladbrokes mobile sportsbook review
It is fair to suggest that Ladbrokes mobile betting service hasn’t always been the greatest to use. It was clear in the early days of mobile sports betting, that Ladbrokes was not quite as familiar with this new form of technology as some of their competitors and that made their app somewhat difficult to use and sluggish.
However, since then the company has reworked its mobile offering considerably and the mobile service now for customers using Ladbrokes via a smartphone or tablet is generally excellent.
You can download a dedicated app for Ladbrokes Sports for iPhone/iPad, Android devices and Windows Phone. Happily, if you own another device, you can access the full range of Ladbrokes services by visiting the mobile site on your browser and logging in that way. In addition, you can also use Ladbrokes innovative Text Betting service to place bets using SMS messaging.
Once the app or site is loaded onto your mobile device, Ladbrokes have set it up nicely to work intuitively and quickly. There’s no laggy loading times that used to bedevil the older app, everything works much more smoothly and the app is user-friendly, although being ultra-picky, the In Play section does look a little dull compared to the rest of the app.
Ladbrokes have vastly improved their mobile service to players and they certainly needed to from their initial offering, but the good news is that their current mobile offering is certainly on a par with any of their competitors and offers a simple, easy and effective way to place bets via mobile.