[toc]As a general rule of thumb, we do very much enjoy offers that give punters a chance of something extra for nothing and one of the most popular forms of offer available that does this is an Insurance offer. Particularly for accumulator bets.
Paddy Power are not the only company that offers acca insurance, indeed there are many others that make a great deal about this offer in their advertising on British television, but what is particularly beneficial to UK punters with Paddy Power’s offer is how flexible it is. Specifically, how many selections you need to make to qualify for the offer and the variety of competitions that you can select matches from you formulate your accumulator.
Of course, before you even think about placing a qualifying acca bet with Paddy Power for this offer, you do need to be a Paddy Power customer. Fortunately, we have all the latest information about the Paddy Power free bet bonus which offers you the chance you receive a 300% first bet bonus on a first bet of just £10.
Once you have your account up and running, you are then ready to enjoy a wager using the site’s Acca Insurance offer.
Hang on a second, what is an accumulator?
If you are already familiar with accumulator betting then you can skip this section and move onto the next, but for novice punters an accumulator is a bet which sees a number of selections added to a bet slip all of which must win in order for you to generate a return.
The term comes from the fact that as each selection wins, then the winnings for that bet ‘accumulates’ and is places on the next selection. As such, you can place a relatively small bet on an accumulator and if all your selections win, then you can win a relatively large amount.
The higher the odds of your selections and the greater the number of selections you add to your bet slip, then the higher your return will be compared to your unit stake.
In an accumulator bet, all your selections must win, which means that even if just one selection lets you down, then generally you lose. Or at least you used to until Paddy Power adopted its Acca Insurance offer.
What does the Paddy Power Acca Insurance offer mean?
The essence of the offer from Paddy Power is that you can place an accumulator of five selections (or more), and if one of your selections doesn’t win, then Paddy Power will offer you a free bet to the same value as your stake.
So, if you picked a five-match accumulator and placed a £10 bet on that, if four teams won, but one team drew and let you down, rather than receiving nothing back, you would instead receive a £10 free bet as part of the offer.
It is a very simple offer to understand and means that if all five of your selections come up, then you win, but if four come up, then at least you don’t lose the bet and you at least have a free bet to the same amount which you can then use.
However, there are a number of key terms and conditions that you must adhere to in order to ensure your bet qualifies for the offer.
What are the key terms and conditions of the offer?
In order for your bet to qualify for this offer, it has to meet a number of different criteria as set down by Paddy Power. The criteria are listed below:
- Your accumulator must be of at least five football matches. More selections are accepted provided they all adhere to the same criteria.
- All selections in the acca must be selected from the Win-Draw-Win market (also commonly known as the Match Result market)
- All selections in the acca must be taken from the following UK and European leagues and competitions: English Premier League, Championship, League 1 & 2, FA Cup, Capital One Cup, Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, Spanish La Liga, German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1, Scottish Premiership, Scottish Championship, Leagues 1 and 2, Scottish Cup, Scottish League Cup, Euro 2016 Qualifiers, Champions League & Europa League.
- The maximum free bet refund available is £50. Any bets placed of more than this amount will trigger a £50 free bet refund if they qualify.
- All selections must have a minimum odds of 1/5. Any selection with shorter odds would exclude the acca from the offer.
- If you cash out your bet with Paddy Power at any time then you do not qualify for the offer
- Bets placed with a Free Bet do not qualify for the offer
- If you are awarded a Free Bet as part of the offer, you have seven days in which to use it from the time it is made available in your account.
- If a Free Bet subsequently wins, then your stake is not included in any returns.
- The offer is available online, via mobile, phone, text and PP Messenger services. You cannot use this offer in a Paddy Power shop.
- You can earn a maximum of four free bets from this offer in a 24-hour period.
If I qualify for a free bet what can I use it for?
If you earn yourself a free bet through the Acca Insurance offer on Paddy Power, then this free bet has to be used within seven days, on a single bet, on a football market. You can’t use this free bet to place a bet on another sport.
It is also important to note that you have just seven days within which to use your free bet, as it is easy to forget it is there and then it will expire after a week and you won’t be able to then place a bet with it.
Remember too that your free bet can only be used as a single bet. So if you have a £10 free bet in your account, you cannot place 2 x £5 bets. You have to place a £10 single bet on any football market. Although this market does not have to be another accumulator, only a bet on a football-related market.
Is this a good offer for me?
The more you place football accumulator bets (and they are hugely popular forms of betting) then the better value this offer is to you, especially if the majority of your accumulators are of five selections or more.
Many accumulators often miss by just one selection and at least with this offer, Paddy Power give you another chance to earn something back from your stake.