Footballers may be paid an extraordinarily large amount of money at the highest level, but you can’t argue that they put the hours in over the Christmas and New Year period. Premier League teams, for example, will play three league matches and one FA Cup Third Round game from the 26th December through to the 5th of January. A period of a little over 10 days or so during which the teams will play four fixtures.
With the games coming so thick and fast, I am not going to be able to give you my usual detailed run down of each game and my tip for each, so instead, I am going to go through the entire festive fixture list for Premier League games and give you a preview of the games taking place each matchday and what I think are the bets to go for in each.
The Christmas period is always a very busy one for football teams in England and it is also one of the busiest betting periods of the year too. So if you are looking for a site that offers you top notch betting on the Premier League, as well as a great value introductory offer, then check out the latest bet365 New Player Bonus offer currently available on the site.
It’s worth remembering too that sports betting is hugely popular in other parts of the world, as is betting on the Premier League, and you can enjoy this if you live in the state of Indiana too. There are a number of sports books available online, but check out the offer available when you enter the BetRiver Affiliate Code ‘HOOSIERBONUS’ when you sign up, to ensure you get a superb value starter bonus offer.
Where stated, the odds shown are with bet365 Sport and were correct at the time of writing. Kick off times and dates may vary for each matchday, so it is worth checking with the full fixture list for this information.
Festive Fixture List and Tips
Boxing Day Fixtures – Matchday 19
- Tottenham v Brighton – Score Tip 3-1
- Bournemouth v Arsenal – Score Tip – 2-2
- Sheffield Utd v Watford – Score Tip – 2-0
- Chelsea v Southampton – Score Tip – 3-1
- Aston Villa v Norwich City – Score Tip 1-1
- Crystal Palace v West Ham – Score Tip 1-0
- Everton v Burnley – Score Tip – 2-1
- Manchester United v Newcastle United – Score Tip – 2-0
- Leicester City v Liverpool – Score Tip – 1-2
- Wolves v Manchester City – Score Tip – 1-1
The massive game on Boxing Day sees Leicester City take on Liverpool in what could be one of the defining games of the Premier League season. A win for the home side would move them closer to Liverpool and open up the title race, a win for Liverpool would put even more distance between them and the chasing pack. We feel the Reds will just about come out on top in this one.
Other big games today include Manchester City taking on a Wolves side at Molineux that beat them at the Etihad earlier this season. The two big United’s clash in Manchester with the home side facing Newcastle in what is always a tasty and usually goal-packed game. Chelsea and Tottenham will feel that they have winnable home games against Southampton and Brighton respectively.
There’s also some big games from the bottom of the table to look out for including Everton facing Burnley and Aston Villa’s game with Norwich City which you feel even at this mid-point stage of the season, is likely to be a must win game for both teams.
Weekend Fixtures – Matchday 20
- Brighton v Bournemouth – Score Tip 2-1
- Southampton v Crystal Palace – Score Tip – 1-0
- Newcastle United v Everton – Score Tip – 2-0
- Watford v Aston Villa – Score Tip – 1-1
- Norwich City v Tottenham – Score Tip – 0-2
- West Ham v Leicester City – Score Tip – 1-3
- Burnley v Manchester United – Score Tip – 1-1
- Arsenal v Chelsea – Score Tip – 3-3
- Liverpool V Wolves – Score Tip – 2-1
- Manchester City v Sheffield United – Score Tip – 4-0
The eye-catching game on Matchday 20 is the clash between Arsenal and Chelsea at the Emirates, with both teams desperately trying to claw back those teams above them. Arsenal’s form isn’t great heading into this game but in truth, Chelsea’s has been a little patchy over the last month or so too so this should be an interesting game between two teams whose defences are their most vulnerable aspect.
Liverpool face a difficult home game at Anfield against a Wolves side who have made life tough for the big six of late, while Manchester City are also at home, although they face Sheffield United, who have had a superb first half of the season. Manchester United face Lancastrian rivals Burnley in what should be an interesting clash, while Leicester City face a tricky trip south to take on an inconsistent West Ham side.
There’s more big relegation action with Watford facing Aston Villa and Brighton taking on Bournemouth while Southampton will feel they should have a chance of a big win at home to Crystal Palace too.
New Year’s Day Fixtures – Matchday 21
- Brighton v Chelsea – Score Tip – 1-2
- Burnley v Aston Villa – Score Tip – 1-1
- Newcastle United v Leicester City – Score Tip – 1-1
- Watford v Wolves – Score Tip – 0-2
- Southampton v Tottenham- Score Tip – 1-3
- West Ham v Bournemouth – Score Tip – 2-1
- Manchester City v Everton – Score Tip – 3-1
- Norwich City v Crystal Palace – Score Tip – 0-1
- Arsenal v Manchester United – Score Tip – 1-1
- Liverpool v Sheffield United – Score Tip – 3-0
The new year dawns with nine games on New Years Day and Liverpool’s match at Anfield against Sheffield United taking place the day after. The Reds will need that extra 24 hours after a hectic period that has seen them compete in the World Club Cup in Dubai as well as honouring all their other fixtures.
The big game today comes at the Emirates once again where Arsenal and Manchester United will lock horns in what is always one of the Premier League’s most iconic games, even if both teams have fallen a little below the standards that they set in the past in recent years. Other big games see Manchester City facing Everton at home, while second place Leicester City face a tough trip north to take on Newcastle at St James’ Park.
Chelsea hit the south coast to face Brighton on the road, while West Ham and Bournemouth will be desperate to het 2020 off to a good start after a very disappointing end to 2019 when their form tailed away dramatically after a decent start to the season.